Monday, October 5, 2009

Well, At Least I Won Something

I didn't win Powerball. Not the first time, or the 2nd go round either. Oh well. As my last post clarified, I'm really not all that bummed. But it would have helped...
I had my last (probably - unless I get really motivated in 2 weeks to do a show and pictures on the same day) horse show of the season on Sunday. It went well. I used the new Crosby, which apparently was the secret ingredient. I showed in a few hunt seat classes (Harley doesn't do hunt seat - it requires work...) and did great! We got a 4th in our first class out of 19 and a 2nd in our 2nd class out of 21 horses! After the break I switched to Western, and ended up getting a 1st in Western Pleasure out of only 7, but 7 of some of the most recognized names in the area. In fact, I won against a guy whose entire family trains horses and shows horses on the big Quarter Horse circuits... yay Harley! In all, I won about $100 dollars to boot. Minus the $37 I spent to enter, I actually came out ahead! And thanks to Brian for the snazzy new western show shirt. The one that was supposed to be my Christmas present :).
Here are a few pics of my new all-arounder!

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

awesome...not powerball, but pretty cool anyhow!