Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Three Cheers for a Springlike Day!!!

It’s going to be in the 60’s today!!! I know this is just a “spring teaser” but after this weather we’ve had this winter, that started in NOVEMBER, I’m ready for a taste, even if it’s just that, of spring.

It’s supposed to snow again on Thursday, so I’m sure this will be short lived; as in like, less than 24 hours. None the less, it’s exciting. I got to go for a jog outside yesterday afternoon, and I’ll probably go de-mud the horses tonight after we get the kids. Speaking of horses, they’re actually starting to shed – which in the horse world means that the worst part of winter is probably over. I remember being a kid and knowing that when the horses started to shed out, we were on the downward slope of winter. Yay!

I’ve got that spring cleaning fever, too. I just can’t wait to open up the house, move all the furniture and dust and vacuum under and around things… and to turn the DAMN FURNACE off for a few minutes! Geez! I’m not kidding to say that the gas company owes me a steak dinner after this winter! That thing has been running non stop.

Well, enjoy the nice weather, if you’re getting any of it wherever you are…

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

ah, it is 63 outside right now...only you will get blown away if you try to go out there! Especially poor Maria...so we'll hope tomorrow is less windy and still as warm!!