Monday, September 8, 2008

Pretty Damn Impressive

I'm so impressed with myself. I'm definitely no Betty Crocker, but I have actually come up with a quick fall recipe that kicks some serious Betty Crocker butt. My friend Amy and I took the kids (hers and mine) to the orchard last Sunday for a littel apple picking. The kids gathered about a peck or so of apples, so I figured I'd better figure something out to do with them.



Here's my granola bar apple crisp recipe...
1. Slice apple into about 16 or so thin like slices.
2. Put slices in a glass microwaveable dish.
3. Sprinkle with about 1 tbsp of sugar and enough ground cinnamon to cover the apples.
4. Smash up a Nature Valley Oats-n-Honey granola bar and put on top of the apples.
5. Put 2 small pats of BUTTER on top of all of that and nuke for about 3-3.5 minutes.
6. Let cool, mix, and eat- it's stupid hot and stupid good.
7. If you're looking to totally kill your diet, it would be REALLY good with some vanilla ice cream...

Hope you enjoy it! You know I wouldn't have done it if it didn't take like 3 nanoseconds to make...

No comments: