Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Hurricaine: Indiana Style

The official total rainfall in Valpo from hurricaine Ike was 8.9 inches. That was on top of the already several inches that fell just because the day before. I read somewhere that Houston only got a couple of inches total from the storm. They got the wind, we got the rain. Here are a few local pictures Brian and I took on Sunday as we went joy riding to assess the situation. These were all within a few miles of our house, if not at our house. I especially like that little creek that we got in our back yard. Adds value to the property.








In other news. I ended up going BACK to the barn that we left last month because the barn had completely flooded out. The barn was knee deep (at minimum) in water, and the outdoor arena and pastures were under water that was so deep it COVERED the fence. I'd guess in places the water was at least 5 feet deep. They had to evacuate the horses because everything (read: poop) that was in the stalls was now floating about the barn in the knee deep water - not a great environment for storing horses.

So I showed up with my trailer on Monday to give a ride to a couple of the horses that belong to Sandy and Marlette - the two people from the old old barn that I anticipate staying friends with. They brought the horses to our new new barn to temporarily store them there until the flood waters went down in their barn. Something better give... these horse dramas are about to kill me! It could be worse... we could be in Munster...

2 comments:

The Schnicks said...

Here is a solution to the horse drama: SELL THEM!!!!! Just my 2 cents. hugs and kisses

The Saunders Family said...

I hear they pay quite a bit for glue these days ;) Just kidding....oh, and I posted to your post and stole your link to the pictures in Munster...thanks!