Saturday, July 19, 2008

The iPod Fairy Cometh

I thought for sure that my iPod had been stolen on our trip home from Colorado. I had it in the camera bag that was in the carry on along with all kinds of other electronicky equipment. Naturally, I'm sure this bag was of added interest to the TSA. When we got home I didn't immediately think of my iPod and Brian unpacked the bags. A few days later, maybe even a week or so later, I decided to get into the camera bag and pull out the iPod. The only problem was it wasn't there.
Feverishly, I searched the house and every single bag that had been any where near Colorado with us and still no iPod. I was using Brian's for a while but it was problematic due to the fact that I have at least twice the number of files his holds on my iTunes. And believe it or not, I am/was getting really sick of the same ol 250 songs (give or take).
Anyway, today I was finally moving the camera bag that I had been using all during fireworks season to take pictures and video at Brian's shows. As I was moving it, I just happened to glance down into the open side pocket to see, what else, but my good ol' pink iPod laying there, innocently on its side.
Now, as I said, I have used this bag at least a half dozen times since we got back from our trip, and I know for a fact that I have even used that very pocket to put stuff in...
Not only that, but I know for a fact as well that I searched that very bag several times not wanting to believe that the TSA couldn't screen out a potential iPod thief...
I think I need to start looking for suspects under my own roof. Particularly, a very not-so-high-in-stature one that happens to be in a peaceful slumber in his room right now. I think maybe the same 250 songs were getting to him too, or maybe he realized Daddy's iPod sucked because it didn't have any Chris LeDoux, George Strait, OR Johnny Cash on it...

1 comment:

The Saunders Family said...

gotta watch out for those short-statured ones!