Monday, July 12, 2010

What A Weekend

So I made a hasty decision to go ahead and go to the horse show on Sunday on, uh, Sunday morning. Got up Sunday morning feeling pretty good so I figured why not. Funny thing is the horse was no where near ready (no bath, no clipping... no... nothing, really) so I got him kind of presentable, loaded, and went.

I decided to get a little extra practice (since we weren't really there to be serious about it) and showed in the English and Western classes. He did great - we ended up with a 2nd in a class of 27 (!) and 1st in a class of 4 (not so stellar, but had a great ride none the less). The last class I think he'd just had it and was done. I disqualified myself with our not so subtle attitude adjustment, but at least he didn't get away with it. Better luck next time.

It was a hot day but I had good company. And it's always interesting to people watch at those things. The cold home brewed celebratory beer after the 1st place wasn't too bad either! I'm off for a few days with the kiddos because the sitter is on vacation, so I'm thinking after I get this place in order, I'm gonna pack them and the gear and hit the campground for a night.

Report to follow! This could be interesting!

No comments: