Sunday, July 4, 2010

I'm Taking A Day Off... Mostly

Last night I took the kiddos to the fireworks at Hebron. It was a pretty short, but it was a decent little show. Much longer and I think the kids would've probably melted down right there. In all my brilliance, I didn't take my good camera with the cool lens, but I was able to get at least one kinda ok shot with my phone... haha. Go figure.



This morning I got up bright and early and started to shovel the 4.5 tons of gravel that I had delivered yesterday. I got one stall mostly done, and the other leveled before it got just too darn hot to do anymore. I guess I have all day tomorrow to have fun with that, too, so no rush. With that, I think the kids and I are gonna just take the day off. Chill, go to a barbeque and enjoy and actual holiday. Things have been so busy around here we haven't had a day of nothing at all in quite a while.

On the topic of busy, Tory finally found a horse in Michigan that used to be a collegiate polo pony for Harvard's polo team. The price was right and we tripped up there on Thursday night/Friday morning to get the horse to bring it home. He's a nice little guy, and hopefully I can talk Tory into letting me do a little stick and balling (it's a polo term) on him! Pics (of me breaking my stupid neck I'm sure) to follow. I'm pretty excited actually. Harley's top speed is just past stop, so he's not much of a polo pony. To say the least.

So here's to relaxing! I'm getting on to my day of nothingness!

No comments: