Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Another Week Another Dollar

My friends from Dayton made a somewhat planned, somewhat surprise visit the the new crib this past weekend. Wendy called me up one day during the week and asked what I was doing on MLK weekend. I had remembered thinking that I didn't have anything to do on MLK weekend so I advised her accordingly. Little did I realize that MLK weekend was in a couple days! It all worked out, though, and it was a great visit, as always. We decided to meet halfway in Indianapolis for the day with the kids on Saturday. Figured we could indulge in a little "no so cheap" entertainment at the Children's Museum before journeying home.

We killed that... and the kids got throughly worn out. Of course, mine don't sleep in the car EVER so instead of sleeping away their exhaustion they just decided to fight the whole way home instead. Oh well. I'm used to that. By the way... where did these kids come from that won't sleep in the car? I don't get it.

We got home, had a super pizza, let the kids play, put the kids down (thank god) and then enjoyed a little adult conversation and adult beverage. They brought along their new baby, too, and it was great to see the youngest Young. So cute, and I've never seen such a non-crying baby.

We had a good visit and filled the weekend with fun stuff for all. Hope everyone else had a good weekend too!

No comments: