Saturday, December 6, 2008

Surgry Buddies


Brian finally had his elbow surgery to correct his tendon problem. He'd been getting cortisone shots pretty much all year, and the doctor finally decided to go ahead and just fix it surgically. Apparently he had tennis elbow, which from what he told me is an overuse injury. I don't completely understand this as it was 1) his LEFT elbow, and 2) it's not like he has a job or does anything that is repeatedly stressing or using his left arm over and over like in an assembly line or something... oh well.

Anyway, they did his surgery outpatient, so he came straight home after it was over. He's feeling pretty good now (almost a week later) but will still be off work for the next 2 months, probably more or less due to the nature of his job. It would suck to get into a fight with someone or something and "pop" that would be the end of that.

Part B of our excitement was that Shooter also had surgery. Normal dog stuff for her - spaying - and removing her rear dew claws. She's fine, too, I just thought this was a good photographic opportunity to get the two sickies recovering on the couch together.

In other news, I'm just about done with our Christmas shopping. We have a few odds and ends to get, but the vast majority of it is D.O.N.E! What I have left to buy is simple stuff, and I know what I need. It seems that's always the problem I have at Christmas - figuring out what the hell to get people. Gift cards just seem so impersonal. I like getting them, don't get me wrong. I love what I consider a shopping spree, it lets me get what I want in the size I need, and saves me from having to return/exchange things that aren't the right size or whatever. I never mind a few hours to have to myself to go shopping. So if anyone out there was thinking "gift card" for me, keep em' flowing. :)

I'll be at Hawthorne Park in Porter today taking Santa pictures for their town Christmas festival. Another established photog in the area double booked himself today and didn't realize it till this week. He called me (to my surprise) and asked me to shoot for him today. It'll be easy - a simple light setup and I'll give him all the pictures. He'll handle all the orders, deliveries, post processing, and file maintenance, so it's a quick and easy $100 for me at a time I can definitely find a use for it. I was pretty honored, as he's trusting ME to represent his company... a pretty big deal for me!

Hope things are going well for you. I never did blog about Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll talk about the turkey frying experience after we fry Christmas' bird. Then I'll have something to compare it to. Have a good weekend!

No comments: