Sunday, December 14, 2008

I Must Really Suck

Am I like the only person on this planet who doesn't bake Christmas cookies? I've been reading up on all my friends' blogs and everyone but me is baking (well, almost). I made cookies for our friends and stuff one year, a few years ago (actually when I got my Kitchenaid mixer a few days early... thanks Brian) and it was so miserable I vowed I'd never do it again. Plus, I think I gained 20 pounds from all the cookie dough and other stuff I ate before the cookies were actually done...

Looking back now, I can't even remember WHY I have such disgusting memories of it. I don't think anything horrible or disasterous happened. Pretty much all I remember is saying, "I'll never do that again." Kind of like a drunken night of misery - don't remember much about the specifics, but pretty darn sure you don't want to do it again.

Maybe since the whole thing is a little foggy in my head, it's time to do it again. Or not.

3 comments:

Amy said...

You don't suck. Cookies have been linked with Christmas for as long as I can remember. I don't even know what I'm going to do with all this stuff. But now that I've made it, I feel Christmassy. :) Weird.

You bring the booze, I'll bring the cookies. It's all good.

Amy

The Saunders Family said...

you know after I make them, I think "good thing this madness is only once a year". I am so tired, cranky and on a sugar high, you don't even want to be around me. I honestly probably wouldn't have made any, but the church was doing a cookie walk and I felt as the pastor's wife, I should do my part and contribute, oh like 200, and believe me next year I probably won't be making any with two kids running around and heck it will be my second year for the cookie walk, I only need to make a good impression once right!

The Schnicks said...

You are more of the "Let's go buy some cookies" type girl...