Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Shopping Wisdom

I had the day off today, so I thought I'd relish the opportunity to do some Christmas shopping sans kids and sans husband. I discovered a holiday marvel, that I feel I'm obligated to share. Two words:

SHOP. NOW.

I went to about a million stores today. All of them had their shelves fully stocked with the newest and most sought after treasures. Stuff was literally falling off the shelves. And because of the expected decline of holiday spending the retailers are starting all their sales that usually start on Friday, BLACK FRIDAY, RIGHT. NOW.

I got stuff for like 50% off a sale price. It kicked ass. A toy store had buy 3 get 1 free ON ANYTHING IN THE STORE. Not only that, but the stores were abandoned, as everyone is more concerned right now with buying dead, frozen birds and stale bread. I cashed in BIG TIME, avoided the crowds all together, got amazing deals, and had unlimited selection. It was like being the first person at a garage sale.

I highly recommend shopping now. I'll never wait till after Thanksgiving again...

3 comments:

The Schnicks said...

Did you pick up my Sig 556HOLO? You don't have to wrap it.

Jen said...

Sorry, couldn't find one at Lighthouse Outlet. I imagine if I went a few blocks east or west I could've found one, but I didnt' feel that adventurous.

The Saunders Family said...

congrats on the good deals....we are done, except for me having no clue what to get hubby...Maria was easy to buy for, dolls, and a doll cradle....that will make her more than happy!
Happy Thanksgiving!