Sunday, November 9, 2008

And, We're Back

We made it back from Colorado and are recovering from the aptly named "Operation Car Swap". I haven't even mentioned this in my blog or really even in detail on Facebook, unless you've really been paying attention. Anyway. Quickly because we just drove 16 hours (33 hours in a 3 day period). My sister has (had) an 05' Volkswagen Bug (a nasty, little car with a lot of warning chimes) and my mom has (had) an older Olds Alero (nice in it's day, but, uh, yeah...) Mom wanted the bug (I will admit, it's cute... just a little shocking after driving an Expedition for the past few years). So Sissy and her family met me and Brian in Colorado Springs with the bug in tow (by their new 2500 Chevy truck - much more practical). We drove the Alero, swapped cars, had a beer, and came home. Actually, the truth is not far from that story. We stopped by the property on Saturday for about an hour and a half, put up a sign (stand by - pics are coming tomorrow), visited Garden of the Gods, and well, that's about it. We found a cool little microbrewerey called "Trinity" that I thought had good ambiance (Bob Marley playing quite loudly upon our arrival), a "smoking" area with couches in the back, and a tree-hugging, dreadlock fitted waitress with a shining personality. Brian wasn't impressed - we went there primarily to try their unfiltered wheat beer, which they were out of till next month. Unfortunatley, we weren't prepared to wait a month, so we settled for a Belgian wheat that was mediocre. Sissy, that's the call you missed from me. I wanted to rub in the fact that we were dining at a place called Trinity with all kinds of stinky beers and an abundance of incense, Bob Marley, and dreadlocked hair.

I'll put some pictures up tomorrow. I'm in a funk from driving a mini-car till my brains popped right out of my head...

1 comment:

The Schnicks said...

R U going to get rid of the "Obama 08'" symbol. He won you know....