Monday, August 11, 2008

A Busy Weekend

Well, wedding season is starting and I’m feeling the heat. I had engagement pictures for a couple whose wedding I’m shooting next year on Saturday, and I met with my couple from this months wedding this weekend, too. We shot the engagements in Indy, which was AWESOME! After a while, I feel like I’m taking the same picture over and over, using the same locations blah blah blah. Even though the pictures are new to each couple, it was refreshing to actually go to a location I haven’t been before.

We started out at the Oldfields–Lilly House & Gardens at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. There were so many very cool locations there, I could have spent an entire session there finding new stuff. The actual Lilly house was absolutely stunning. I told my couple, it was like the places I see in magazines and always wonder, “Where do they find these places to take such beautiful pictures?” Well, I found it. Actually, the area behind the house was even better than the house itself. And all the bridges and fountains were just magnificent.

After that, we went down to the canal walk downtown and took some cool shots there too. At the very end it was getting dark and I got some really nice shots with the city all lit up in the background. Not only that, but I got to play with some flash, ISO, and dark shooting techniques that I haven’t had much opportunity to work with yet. So on top of being just a great place to shoot, it was a really good learning/practice session for me too. I should have some of the pics on my website by the end of the week, so check back. They turned out to be some of the best I’ve done yet, in my opinion. It also helped that the couple were a lot of fun and willing to play around a little, too.

Sarah and some other girls from the barn showed the horses this weekend on Sunday. I took them to the show, since I really shouldn’t be riding and especially showing just yet. Sarah and Harley got a 2nd in their first class out of 15 or so very nice horses. Yay! It’s nice to see all the hours spent in the saddle come to fruition. She won $25 too – can’t complain about that! So that pretty much paid for the day and all the entry fees and stuff.

Vincent went to the show with me and was such a good boy. He hung out all day, didn't complain at all, and was great. He got a new cowboy hat for his efforts. I'll take a pic of him in it - he's gonna be a little heartbreaker! Anyway, I'd better get to work... more later...

No comments: