Sunday, November 7, 2010

Fire Tower Expedition

Ever since we went camping last summer the kids have been gnawing at me to take them back to the campground to return to the fire tower there. When we went camping, it rained in the morning and brought out so many mosquitoes, I was pretty sure they'd just carry us away if we attempted anything resembling hiking and/or fire tower climbing.

So we bypassed the fire tower experience, much to the dismay of my company.

This weekend was probably one of the last of the nice ones we'll have for the year, so I decided to suit up and take the gang back today. We climbed to the top and back down not once, but twice. I'm pretty sure I about fell down the stairs the second time my legs were so weary from the 115 or so *very* steep stairs. Didn't help I had to carry Jade halfway down the first time either (sigh).

After the trek, we did some additional hiking, playground playing, and outhouse visiting (double sigh). But we all made it home alive, and I even got the boogers to cooperate long enough to get a couple of cute pics ;)





No comments: