Saturday, October 23, 2010

I Finally Did It...

It's a dream I've had for years and years - to own my own Harley. I almost did it when I got my job and moved back to Valparaiso, but apparently the stars weren't in line for me at that point. The motocycle got put on hold indefinitely. I went through periods of wishing I had one, to periods of being perfectly content that I didn't. I've seen friends get hurt on them, and I've seen friends have the time of their life on them. I've spent a considerable amount of time on the back of one this summer...

And then it happened.

I was passing the car lot in Demotte that always has more than a few Harley's for sale. I always turn my head and glance, and then something caught my eye. I saw this bike and instantly fell in love. I couldn't help but think about it all day, and after work, decided to stop and take a look. I figured it would be unaffordable, but I still had to check. Turns out it wasn't.

So today I became the proud owner of a 2009 Harley Davidson Super Glide Custom. And I'm elated.



2 comments:

Amy said...

That's a nice looking bike!

The Saunders Family said...

happy, safe riding. Please say you're a helmet wearer? I almost lost my sister and brother-in-law in an accident and they don't wear helmets!