Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Am Such a Slug!!

I have been so bad about posting. Not that anyone's beating down my door wondering where I've been...
I got to experience playing 9 holes of golf with some of my co-workers this past Monday. An experience it was, too. I learned that all I need for a successful day of golfing is a 1-wood, a pitching wedge, and a putter. Alright, well about 15 extra balls and a bag of tees, too. I used the driver all the way from the tee to the part where I hit it in the sand near the green. Then I got really good at using the pitching wedge to get out of the sand (complete with cool "flying sand" effects!)
and then putting it in (sometimes, sometimes they just gave it to me for free). I actually got a 5 on a par 3 on one hole... it could have been a hole-in-one if I hadn't shanked it a little right. No, really. The ball was perfectly in line with the pin, only about 40 feet to the right. If it had been on the green, I'd have won the dollar for whomever got it closest to the pin. Oh well. Anyway, I found golf to be:
1) frustrating
2) physically strenuous, and
3) probably MUCH more enjoyable with a few beers on the cart...

In other news. I have been completely C-R-A-Z-Y with body safety. I'm still the only one in the entire region doing the presentations. I have (had/am having) 3 this week alone. On top of getting ready for a wedding Saturday, engagement pictures on Sunday, and everything else, it's been, well, busy.

Despite all that's been going on, I can't think of anything really interesting to say. I'll end with my favorite picture of all time... HOW F'ING FUNNY IS THIS!!! Given all that's going on in this election... really... it doesn't get much better than that...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is just too funny....we saw that exact same picture on indystar.com today! hahaha