Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Just Can't Motivate

I don't know what the hell my problem is. I just have NOT been motivated to post to this blog! Is anyone even still reading? I post so seldom any more, I'm sure I've just about bored all my faithful followers (yeah, all 2 of them) to death. It's not that I haven't had time. Brian's back to working midnights, so a lot of my evenings are free. Photo business has been busy, but that's not an excuse. I could always post while converting files, processing, uploading, whatever.

Anyway. We braved the county fair tonight (Brian's second trip). I got some fried cheese cubes... hmmm. I remember them being much better tasting last time I didn't suffer guilt from dropping $7 on cheese. Needless to say, maybe it's what I needed. I won't be craving fried cheddar cheese anymore. Actually, it was pretty gross. The elephant ear was good though, and it was nice to let the kids do all the rides "sans parent" now that they're tall enough to handle them alone. Vincent went on the upside down-y one by himself. I was pretty proud of him. He said it was cool. I'm pretty sure I would have puked. He also did the gravitron - the spinny, stick to the wall gyroscope - you remember - by himself and walked out on two feet. Atta' boy!

Tomorrow is Emily Pinkerton's folk concert at Taltree Aboretum. Emily is a long ago friend (high school era) who was brilliant and talented in the early 90's. I can't imagine how awesome she is now. She actually has an album now, too, titled "Emily Pinkerton - Valparaiso." I'm sure I'll get a copy after tomorrows concert. Not only that, but I'm meeting up with some old friends, namely Cate from Alaska who I haven't seen for YEARS, but who I rode with all through high school in 4H and beyond. I'm pretty stoked.

Anyway. My "partner" at work is headed out to Sturgis motorcycle rally in South Dakota tomorrow morning with another good friend of mine. Wishing them a safe trip out, a good time there (BBBOOOOOBBBSSSSS!), and a safe trip home.

Hope everyone is having a good week. BTW, comment if you're still reading me... ;)

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm still here! Can't wait to see you tonight!

The Saunders Family said...

hey, still here...

The Schnicks said...

Thanks for the update! I wonder if you picked a bad fried cheese booth. Brian got some and it was really pretty good. I hope to be able to call you next week to hang out one night. Thanks for the good wishes for the boys' trip. I am just hoping for safety. Later!